Support to Life is a humanitarian organization established by a group of professionals from academic and humanitarian backgrounds in 2005.
Our work is conducted under the framework of four program areas - Emergency Response, Refugee Support, Child Labor in Seasonal Agriculture, and Capacity Building. We focus on improving the lives of individuals affected by natural and manmade disasters, such as war and forced migration. We implement emergency operations in disaster situations, we help most vulnerable segments of refugee and host communities meet their basic needs and rights; we combat child labor in seasonal agriculture and we strive towards a more disaster-resilient civil society ecosystem.
We are implementing our work in 10 provinces in Turkey, with a team of 300 professionals, and we collaborate with local partners in 12 provinces. We give utmost importance to upholding Support to Life principles (neutrality, independence, humanity, impartiality and accountability).
You may visit wwww.supporttolife.org to learn more about our work, and take a look at our annual activity panorama here. Timely information about our activities is regularly shared via our social media accounts.
Hayata Destek is looking for M&E and Reporting Expert (remote working).
|Main duties and responsibilities|
- Leading and coaching quarterly, interim and annual reporting procedures in keen collaboration with other internal or external staff. Closely follow up the cut off dates of interagency reporting system and harmonise them with regular unit work load.
- Staying in coordination with other departments especially with the programs team to ensure all potential data collection needs are addressed.
- During the project development stage, giving comprehensive technical support to Grant Unit and Program Unit and trying to standardise the data collection, calculation, and Means of verifications structure.
- Support to program unit/grant unit and STL MEAL team with developing the log.frame, and MEAL plan including well defined and well described indicators for existing and new projects.
- Ensure that all programmatic indicators are being measured systematically, and further well-quality monitoring is conducted in cooperation with programme teams.
Team Management Responsibilities
- Assisting and coaching field level MEAL Officers for their specific reporting needs that might be came from operational teams.
- Empower the MEAL Officers in terms of calculation logic of indicators. Disseminating the indicator calculation logic. Being sure about the well-grasped of mentioned calculation logic.
- Supervising and facilitating MEAL related all processes in close coordination and synchronization with field level MEAL Officers. Conducting regular unit supervision meetings with them.
- Observing and assessing the workload of MEAL Officers and trying to balance the workload among the fields in terms of MEAL duties.
- Trying to standardise the MEAL Team’s technical competencies in terms of data management, data analysis, report writing and data visualization (Power BI). Being sure about the principle level knowledge of MEAL Officers for Commcare, PowerBI, Kobotoolbox, and google survey programs. Trying to fill up determined skill development topics.
- Supporting new team members’ orientation stages with structural manner.
- Supervise the Complaint and Feedback functions as well as other M&E duties. Follow up the evaluation and assessment works that were conducted by CFCM Officer.
- Assisting and supervising the Infoline Officer and follow up the monthly reports that were produced by CFCM Officer and Infoline Officers.
Collaborative working Responsibilities
- Working in keen collaboration with IM Expert and giving regular feedback to him/her regarding enhancing the content development/update of the STL’s institutional software.
- Regularly check the produced PowerBI reports, observe the report contents, and support the reporting system in structural manner.
- Assisting the MEAL Officers with donor relations and facilitating the MEAL section of monitoring visits that are held by donors. Checking the final MEAL documents and templates before sending them to donors. Attending interagency meetings regarding MEAL procedures.
- Collaborate with Learning Expert/Learning Focal staff for preparedness about the lessons learned stage of projects.
- Observe and assess the technical assistance needs of the team and give regular updates to MEAL Manager about the educational needs of the team.
- Regular and systematic information sharing with MEAL Manager regarding all assigned jobs.
- Collaborate with the MEAL Manager for developing outcome level evaluations and impact evaluations in sytematic and structural manner.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in the field of social sciences, statistics or development studies. Master's degree is an asset
- Minimum 4 years experience in humanitarian sector in monitoring and evaluation focused departments
- Minimum 1 year team management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Turkish
- Thorough knowledge in quantitative and qualitative data collection methods (i.e. Kobo, Google forms...) and analysis
- Proficiency in MS Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Proven advanced skills of MS Excel knowledge (such as index match, conditional formatting, pivot tables and reporting, and data simulations)
- Proven advanced skills of Power BI
- Ability to write and consolidate clear and effective assessment and project reports
- Good understanding of engagement with the humanitarian context and the key principles of accountability, impartiality, neutrality, independence and cooperation
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills and detail orientation with adaptable communication skills
- Ability to manage own workload and deadlines; and manage the meal officers’ processes as a team leader
- Willingness to travel within Turkey
STL is an equal opportunities employer. STL is committed to provide and maintain a comprehensive child safeguarding and gender based equality perspective in all its operational and administrative processes.
Please be advised that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
“Under the Security of Personel Information Law that is published on The Official Gazette of Republic of Turkey on 07.04.2016, no 29677;
By applying for this advertisement, you agree that your resume and any personal information in it may be shared with Hayata Destek Derneği”