Support to Life is a humanitarian organization established by a group of professionals from academic and humanitarian backgrounds in 2005.
Our work is conducted under the framework of four program areas - Emergency Response, Refugee Support, Child Labor in Seasonal Agriculture, and Capacity Building. We focus on improving the lives of individuals affected by natural and manmade disasters, such as war and forced migration. We implement emergency operations in disaster situations, we help most vulnerable segments of refugee and host communities meet their basic needs and rights; we combat child labor in seasonal agriculture and we strive towards a more disaster-resilient civil society ecosystem.
We are implementing our work in 10 provinces in Turkey, with a team of 350 professionals, and we collaborate with local partners in 12 provinces. We give utmost importance to upholding Support to Life principles (neutrality, independence, humanity, impartiality and accountability).
You may visit wwww.supporttolife.org to learn more about our work, and take a look at our annual activity panorama here. Timely information about our activities is regularly shared via our social media accounts.
Location: Turkey-based, travel to program countries as necessary
Assignment Period: October 2022
Working Period: 3 months (with possibility of extension)
Line Manager: STL Regional Coordinator
|Main duties and responsibilities|
- Project proposal writing in collaboration with the country coordinators and local partners
- Developing overall project plan and implementation strategy
- Ensuring that the required resources are available for the effective management of the project such as HR, funding and technical infrastructure
- Organizing project kick-off and close-out meetings in collaboration with the country coordinators and local partners
- Planning the various stages of project implementation and setting direction by prioritizing and organizing activities and resources to achieve project objectives
- Overseeing ongoing cash-based response projects across DKH Ukrainian emergency response program to ensure proper intervention of DKH’s cash-based project.
- Overseeing and managing the implementation of the project ensuring that technical quality and standards are considered and respected during project(s) implementation
- Organizing regular project coordination meetings with Country Coordinators, technical experts and local partners
- Ensuring project implementation in accordance with relevant DKH technical guidelines and standards
- Ensure project activities are on track and adhere to project proposal, budget, and donor and DKH regulations.
- Anticipating and mitigating risks and trouble-shoot any unforeseen challenges during the project implementation
- Regular update the work plan, output tracker and other documents relevant for effective project management
- Ensuring budget forecast and follow-up in collaboration with the finance department;
- Preparing and updating the cash transfer lists as per agreed work plan and bank’s template
- Leading the identification effort of highly vulnerable families in the targeted areas and ensuring the high quality of the data collected during the assessment;
- Forecast monthly cash requirements of the project and submit to HQ
- Contribute to the development of Procurement plans
- Regular reporting to the Regional Coordinator, Country Coordinators, Technical Experts and DKH HQ.
- Support M&E and technical teams for the monitoring and evaluation of the cash projects
- Support procurement and financial processes related to the projects, and ensure they are in line with DKH policies and procedures
- Review and authorize all necessary Project expenditures related to the Cash-Based response component of projects
- Check the monthly Project financial report for accuracy and appropriateness. Regularly discuss with Finance
- Monitor expenditure on a monthly basis against the approved budget. Review expenditure projections to ensure that expenditure stays within budget.
- Prepare budget forecast and financial planning for funding request from DKH HQ and possible budget revisions
- Contribute to the development of new programs and to the preparation of proposals and budgets
- Working closely with the Cash Expert on the development of systems, approaches, tools, and materials
- Working closely with the Cash Expert on the identification of alternative Financial Service Providers
- Education to Bachelor or Master degree level in Economics, Business Administration or equivalent field experience in Cash Assistance and Livelihood;
- Experience in developing and management of Cash Based Assistance;
- At least 7 years of experience in managing the support functions of humanitarian operations
- Proven strong experience in project management
- Experience in the cash assistance program
- Experience with systems set-up including software and technological solutions
- Good understanding of localization agenda
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills in English
- Able to travel to program countries
- Program experience in complex emergency contexts.
- Experience in implementation of cash-based and basic needs programming
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
STL is an equal opportunities employer. STL is committed to provide and maintain a comprehensive child protection and gender equality perspective in all its operational and administrative processes.
Please be advised that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.